3.13.2012

Easy Weeknight Cooking - Ribollita


Everything But the Kitchen Sink!
After a weekend chock full of cooking, I wanted something easy for a Monday night meal.  I had a bunch of veg in the crisper and a crusty loaf that I forgot to serve at the dinner party.  I blame the wine.  I thought that Ribollita would fit the bill. 





I love to make soups but I had never tried this Italiany version of veggie soup.  I had a feeling that soup + tons of stale bread cubes would amount to stoupy goodness.  Boy was it ever.  Perfect for this rainy day!  I can’t believe I haven’t made this before now.




  


Basically it’s got a little of everything in it but the kitchen sink!  I roughly followed this recipe from Jenny Steffens Hobick of Everyday Occassions.  Her blog is chock full of great recipes, entertaining tips, and wonderful inspiration.


We definitely subscribe to the adage that bacon makes everything better





Even my 3 year old declared it delicious.  Aside from prepping the veggies, this comes together very quickly.




kisses,  mrs. V

No comments: