7.23.2012

A Saturday Morning Education Courtesy of The Style Saloniste


A Public Service Announcement and an Education



All sorts of stuff swirling around my brain these days.  I’ll be back tomorrow with some deep thoughts that have been on my mind as of late.  In the meantime, I have been properly schooled at the rather adroit hands of The Style Saloniste written by the immensely discerning Diane Dorrans Saeks.  How I managed to miss that she had a blog is beyond me but I spent more than a few hours immersed in her world on Saturday morning and came away completely reinvigorated.  And I can't wait to go back to dig through her archives.



The features on Ken Fulk and Darin Geise specifically sent me to another place entirely.  Like beauty, good design is in the eye of the beholder.  But I can say that I was reminded again of what good design looks like to me.  This is why I can not decorate any of my rooms straight from the spread of a big box catalog.  Because my eye as been informed and continues to be informed daily, with features like these.  I prefer interiors that tell a story about the inhabitant.  Speaking of stories being told, Philip Harvey’s photography tells a mighty one about each of his subjects.  

My eye has been schooled again.  Thank you, Diane, for giving me a glimpse into your rarefied and inspiring world.

Layouts by mrs. V unless otherwise noted.

kisses, mrs. V

No comments: