4.17.2013

My Take on Kuba Cloth


I was asked to create an African inspired cloth for a charity event.  This cloth will be turned into a tablecloth to be included in an artisan basket filled with such goodies as a turned wooden bowl, live edge wooden cutting board, and some bottles of vino.  I decided to do a loose interpretation on Kuba cloth.  I took the scale down a bit and now I am in the process of printing - a long and messy but worthwhile process.  Will share more pics when it is complete.




kisses,  mrs. V   

5 comments:

Elizabeth @ The Little Black Door said...

Love that its a little worn and the black isn't too strong. Looks great and original!

Kerry Steele- Design du Monde said...

OMG I love it! I love hand printed fabrics and yours looks so cool.

Linda {Calling it Home} said...

Did you make the blocks? It's fantastic.

Kim said...

You are so talented! And making me feel a little lazy!! Can't wait to see the end result! xo

Bethany [at] Powell Brower Home said...

i think you are absolutely genius. a mad hatter genius. I want this blanket.