11.29.2013

The Food Chronicles - Maple Pumpkin Pie with Salted Pecan Brittle



Wishing you and yours a very lovely holiday weekend.  One of the highlights yesterday, aside from spending the day with my dearests and frigid impromptu late night sparklers was this maple pumpkin pie with salted pecan brittle.  For serious.  It is the cover pie on the November 2013 issue of Better Homes and Gardens.  I would link to the recipe but after too many clicks and fruitless searches on BHG.com, I gave up.







Decided to make it yesterday morning on a whim and I am so glad that I eschewed our normal pumpkin pie for this.  The maple flavor in place of the typical trio of cinnamon, ginger, and cloves is aces and makes it dessert-worthy of the entire holiday season, not just Turkey Day.  Find yourself a copy of the November issue and try it.  You won’t be disappointed.  The sea salted pecan brittle alone is crazy good and I hate brittle.

All photos and layouts by me

kisses,  mrs. 

3 comments:

Jenntly Juniper said...

Thank you for the review! I was looking at the recipe and wondering if it was worth doing, looks like I better get baking. Also, I totally agree that the BHG website is awful, link, link, link, link - sign up for our "free" access to lots of emails you don't want. Ugh.

Kim said...

Made a pecan pie ... haven't made one in 10 years ... turned out pretty well I must say ... but this one ... way prettier!! You always rock it Mrs. V! xo

SHERRY HART said...

Holy 15 lbs right on my butt. That looks sinful and I so wish somebody would make one for me:)